We want our pearls to become heirlooms. That’s why we care about how you care for your pearls to ensure others can love them in the future.
Here’s a handful of quick pointers for caring for your pearls:
1. Good pearls are made to be worn. Pearls are born in the water and benefit from the moisture that human skin tends to release daily. But be sure to avoid spraying perfumes or applying creams directly to the jewellery.
2. Pearls are natural products, and delicate in nature. Protect your pearls by avoiding extreme temperatures, banging, scratches and harsh chemicals to minimize damage or wear. We recommend removing your jewellery when bathing in freshwater, sea water and chlorinated water.
3. After wearing pearls, gently wipe them with a soft cloth to remove sweat, perfume, excess oils or dirt before putting them away.
4. Store each pearl piece individually in a soft pouch or soft material to help avoid scratching or tangling. Always pack your pearl with care, and avoid storing them in air-tight containers as they need the moisture in the air.
5. Like most good things in life, pearls sometimes need maintenance. Because strings of pearls are typically knotted with Japanese thread, which might become dirty with time, have your pearls restrung occasionally to prevent dirt damaging the pearls.